That’s Show Biz, Babe.
ASHLEY RENE– writer, advocate, small business owner currently nestled in Minneapolis, MN.
After graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Ashley followed her roots back to Minneapolis, Minnesota to put her education and technical acumen to work.
Since her return to the land of 10,000 she has worked in the industries of financial accounting, B2B public relations and search engine marketing, combining her entrepreneurial spirit and creative writing skills to bring businesses to life through words and ideas.
With her comprehensive background in digital marketing and brand development, Ashley is excited to join the Revenue Marketing team at Avtex as a Demand Generation Specialist. She believes her experience crafting strategic marketing plans and content strategies for businesses of all sizes will help her excel in this new role.
Through partnering with some of the world’s largest manufacturing and healthcare brands to help them establish and achieve their public relations goals, to managing web design and SEO projects for small business owners, Ashley has come to adopt the mindset that creativity is what set brands apart in crowded markets and consistency that proves they can and will deliver on their bottom line.
When she is not doing her full-time work, Ashley enjoys indoor and outdoor activities including but not limited to: aggressively cuddling her black lab puppy Arlo, participating in rec sports leagues, coaching for a nonprofit called Girls on the Run and restoring antique furniture—as she slowly brings her own small business, “Junkyard Gypsie MSP,” to life.
Portfolio of Work
Gate Keeper Parade Stadium
Babysitter Little Rascals of Mostly the Midwest
Demand Generation Specialist
AVTEX SOLUTIONS LLC
2020 – Present
More on this experience, soon.
Assistant Account Executive
2018 – 2019
• Produced public relations and marketing materials for a roster of B2B manufacturing and healthcare brands
• Kept a pulse on industry news, identifying potential story angles and press opportunities
• Built client-specific media lists and month-by-month editorial calendars
• Pitched fresh stories to national and trade media outlets, securing press coverage, award and speaking opportunities
• Facilitated interviews with our SMEs and drafted multichannel assets (incl. press announcements, white papers, e-books, bylined articles, newsletters, print ads, blog posts and sponsored content)
• Audited clients’ existing account plans and proposed new directives based on competitive analysis, case studies and VOC insights
• Managed social campaigns, defining KPIs and adjusting targeting parameters as needed
• Provided editorial review and feedback for team members and clients
• Contributed to account planning and new business proposal meetings
(ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING BEST PRACTICES) Stratasys Direct E-book and White Paper Updates
Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Fresh Start Media
2019 – 2020
• Lead website development and search engine marketing for small business contractors in heating, cooling and plumbing industries
• Audit, update and optimize web content to increase search rankings
• Develop written content for client sites, social channels and landing pages
• Suggest improvements to site architecture, UX and site speed
• Support customer retention efforts, nurturing preexisting and potential client relationships
• Identify and solicit new business opportunities to maintain a strong pipeline of key prospects
Business and Marketing Manager
HEINTZ + CLARK Ltd.
2017 – 2018
• Established a vision and direction for an entirely new marketing plan, rebranding the logo, launching a new website, creating a client newsletter and placing print ads with local press
• Developed an email marketing strategy to increase brand awareness, foster more customer touch-points and keep clients informed of relevant tax information in the off season
• Generated original content and paid ads for social channels, managing the Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages
• Wrote talking points and key messages for President
• Oversaw internal projects to ensure accuracy, budget accountability and timeline adherence
• Managed day-to-day business and office operations. Processed over 400 Tax Returns over the course of 4 months.
Administrative + Marketing Objectives Assistant Heintz + Clark Ltd.
Shop Girl Roe Wolfe Boutique
Let’s make something together.